Monday, October 19, 2009

Thumbs Down: Hope Sandoval (and reviews thereof)


Ms. Lumber,

In your Ion magazine review of Hope Sandoval's new album, Through the Blah Blah Blah (issue 60; not sure where that would place said issue in this time/space continuum), I get your point that you don't like the album that much. Bored of it, in fact. Fine - it ain't the best.

But that point of yours about telling me about your uncle working for Warner and getting free albums, I don't get. In fact, I don't care. Subjective is fine; pointless story-telling ain't. Thumbs down!

With that said:

Ms. Sandoval,

I don't get wtf is with you and performing. You go away for umpteen years, you might expect that you've got some eager people in all cities waiting to see you return (including, for whatever reason, Mr. SFJ, whose tweets are above). Didn't pay $X to see you throw your impish fit.

Unless, of course, that was the point. In which case, in terms of sheer entertainment, I still didn't like it. More thumbs down!

No comments:

Post a Comment