Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thumbs Down: Globe and Mail

Hey, G&M!

Let's put it like this: we know the print age is dying and you're no exception. Symptomatic of that is the fact that I read your content online now, instead of messing with ink stains on my grubby hands. But are things so dire that you've foregone any sort of quality control?

Today's story on the disappearance of a fellow Canadian in Hong Kong is a case in point. She's vanished from HK and been missing for a year, and things are (were) all abuzz o'er in the colony because people do NOT go missing there (well, at least not non-Chinese people). So I'll give you leeway on telling us that psychics have been weighing in with their two cents.

But when you start drawing parallels to crime fiction Nine Dragons, that's when the wheels stumble off this rickshaw. If that's any legit comparison, I also hear that there are elaborate death matches staged annually by this old guy with makeshift Wolverine claws, because Enter the Dragon told me so, and Bruce Lee ain't lying to no one.

So, G&M, step the game up a fucking notch, because the last thing I want to read is the National Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment